At Great Outdoors, we like to make sure our staff are every bit as interested in the outdoors as our customers are and new faces are always welcome.
We are very excited about a new store opening soon in Dublin’s city centre. This first of its kind store in Ireland promises to be a busy vibrant hub for those seeking the best adventure kit and appropriate clothing for all types of hill and mountain activities.
Full time | permanent
The store manager will oversee all the daily operations of the store. They will manage the store’s employees, scheduling and assigning duties and responsibilities. The Store Manager will be responsible for maintaining the overall culture of the store and to ensure the staff also represents and embraces the store’s culture and goals. They will oversee the operational and organisational standards of the store as well as implement the marketing and advertising strategy dictated by upper management. The Store Manager will regularly review the daily, weekly and quarterly financial data of the store to ensure the store and staff are meeting their financial quota.
Responsibilities and duties
• Train new employees and provide continuing education and training to current employees.
• To ensure merchandising and presentation of the entire store is of the highest standard.
• To achieve and control set targets.
• To ensure customer service is at a high standard.
• Ensure there are adequate stock levels on the shop floor.
• Rotate new stock and merchandise.
• Coordinate roster for all staff.
Qualification and skills
• Must have 2+ years of experience being a retail manager/assistant manager.
• Excellent people skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
• The ability to work in high-pressure situations and to “think on your feet”.
• Be able to read and understand sales data.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Self-motivated with a high level of confidence.
• Passionate and driven about retail.
To apply for any of the jobs currently available in Great Outdoors, please e-mail your CV to the e-mail address provided below and you could see yourself here as part of our team. Applications can also be dropped off in store.
We will contact you shortly regarding your application.
and be the first to hear of our exclusive offers, latest news, events and more.