Before your camping trip, festival, or adventure, we always recommend checking the waterproof condition to ensure you stay dry in the worst of conditions.Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash not only cleans your tent, but also adds UV protection to your tent, ensuring it holds up under the shining sun! If you notice your tent is no longer repelling water, you can use Nikwax Tent&Gear Solarproof/Wash. This provides superior waterproofing and doubles the lifespan of the fabrics. Cleaning & UV protection
- Tents are best cleaned, waterproofed and UV protected when pitched. Never machine wash or tumble dry them!
- Place the tent in an area that will drain easily and is free of excessive dirt or dust.
- Spray Tent & Gear SolarWash evenly over the outside of the fabric.Rub in well with a damp sponge or cloth, paying attention to excessively dirty areas.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Allow to dry naturally (if not applying SolarProof). Ensure it is completely dry before packing the tent away.Don’t forget to sweep/shake out the inside of the tent.
Waterproofing & UV Protection
- Apply with Tent & Gear Solarproof to a wet, clean tent ensuring that you pay particular attention to any seams.
- Wipe away any excess with a clean cloth.
- Allow to dry naturally.
If you have any questions, let our team know. We also stock patches and repair tape by GearAid for those more pressing breaks in the fabric, and we sell (or can try to order-in) replacement parts, splints or even full sets for tent poles!