John O’Regan | Ultra Runner
- Tuesday 23rd February, 2016
- By Jen
John O’Regan is an Irish running legend, sponsored by both Great Outdoors Dublin and Helly Hansen. He’s travelled the world over trail running and taken on some of the most hardcore of challenges including the Yukon 100 Mile Arctic Ultra and the 246km (!!!) Spartathlon in Greece. He has represented Ireland nine times in the Ultra Marathon competing in 24-hrs, 100km and Ultra trail. He is currently training for the 24hr World Championships 2017
|Operations Planner with Irish Rail|
|Testing new products for my Sponsor The Great Outdoors.|
|Salomon Trail Shoes
Garmin Forerunner 630
· Completed Spartathlon 2010
· Completed extreme Marathons & Ultra Marathons on 7 Continents and the North Pole.
· Have completed the Highest, Lowest, most Northern and most Southern races in the World in temperatures ranging from -30C to + 50C.
· Member of the exclusive Intercontinental Marathon Club
· 1st Place in 100 Mile Yukon Arctic Ultra.
· 1st Place in Inca Trail Marathon.
· 2nd place Antarctic Ice Marathon.
· 1st place in Energia 24Hr track race 2011.
· 1st place in Energia 24Hr track race 2012.
· 2nd place in Energia 24Hr track race 2013
· 2nd place in Energia 24Hr track race 2014
· Representing Ireland in the 24-Hour World Championship 2010.
· Representing Ireland in the 100K World Championships 2010.
· Representing Ireland in the Trail World Championships 2011.
· Representing Ireland in the 100K World Championships 2011.
· Representing Ireland in the 100K World Championships 2012.
· Representing Ireland in the 24-Hour World Championship 2012.
· Representing Ireland in the 24-Hour World Championship 2013
· Irish 24-Hour National Champion 2011.
· Irish 24-Hour National Champion 2012.
· Irish 24-Hour National Champion 2014
· 2nd place in the inaugural Tralee 100K 2014.
· Subject of Feature Length Documentary “Defining Moment”
|To improve my 100K time, run 240K in a 24-hr Race and visit somewhere new.|
|Pay as much attention to rest and recovery as you do to your training and don’t ignore injuries.|
and be the first to hear of our exclusive offers, latest news, events and more.