Guidebook to the Via Francigena pilgrim route from Lausanne to Lucca. Starting at Lake Geneva (Lac Léman), the 725km route crosses the Alps at historic Great Saint Bernard Pass, descends the Po Valley, then climbs to cross the Cisa Pass into Tuscany. Described in 32 stages, with information on facilities and pilgrim hostels.
An indispensable guidebook to walking the Via Francigena between Lausanne and Lucca. This is the middle section of the pilgrim route connecting Canterbury to the Vatican City in Rome and passes through some of the Via Francigena's most beautiful and dramatic scenery. Starting at Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) in Switzerland, the 725km route crosses the Alps into Italy at the historic Great Saint Bernard Pass, descends through the Aosta Valley to the Po Valley, then climbs again to cross the Cisa Pass into Tuscany.
The route is described in 32-day stages averaging around 23km a day, but can easily be customized to other itineraries. It is suitable for any averagely fit walker, although there are a few steep mountainous stages. Relevant variants are described, including options to make use of boat, bus and train connections, and it is possible to cycle all or part of the Italian portion of the route.
In this guidebook, full stage directions are accompanied by maps showing the route line and the facilities available at different locations. Accommodation listings give invaluable information on low-cost pilgrim hostels and where to stay. There are useful city maps for Lausanne, Aosta, Ivrea, Pavia, Piacenza, and Lucca, and a stage planning table lists intermediate distances between accommodation providers, so you can customize your own walking schedule. One of three volumes covering the complete Via Francigena.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!