- Home |
- High Ball
The hinged style Highball is an extremely popular pad with a great landing area.
The hinge allows the pad to be wrapped around sharp bends. It also means that the pad can be doubled up quickly in an emergency when your mate suddenly decides that s/he wants to make a controlled jump down from a highball problem.
The Highball is slightly smaller than the Dyno pad, which makes for a lighter carry (a mere 5.4kgs). The neat size also means it is easy to carry between the boulders and fits well into car boots.
The slight reduction in landing zone area is more than made up for by the extra thickness of the pad – if you are venturing on higher problems then this is definitely the pad to get.
Like all DMM bouldering pads, the Highball is very tough and durable. It has Ballistic Cordura on the base, 1000d Cordura on the top and Plastel on the closure flaps.
The heart of the mat is a thick layer of open cell foam sandwiched between two high density foam layers which give a good even distribution, even when falling on uneven or rocky ground.
Colour provided may vary
- A hinged style bouldering pad
- 3 layers of top quality dual density foam (overall thickness: 10.5cm)
- Extremely tough and durable materials such as Ballistic Cordura on the base, 1000d Cordura on the top and Plastel on the closure flaps
- Removable rucksack/shoulder strap which can easily be rigged so the pad can be carried on the back or at the side/on the shoulder.
- Starter carpet for cleaning rock shoes
- Lowe Alpine Load Locker buckles
- Rubber moulded carrying handles
- Rounded corners to increase durability
- Extra straps for carrying bag, shoes, etc.
Leave your review
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Top tip: The folded pad provides a stable block which can be used to pack out holes or provide a base for a multi-pad platform on an uneven/sloping surface.
- Tell a Friend
- Ask a Question