- Home |
- Andes 1000
The Andes 1000 offers similar warmth to the Expedition range, in a more performance orientated shape, maximising warmth-to-weight and reducing pack size.
- Weight: 1625g
- Down fill weight: 1000g (35.2oz)
- Rab® Sleep Limit: -27°C (-17°F)
- Pertex® Endurance outer fabric
- Pertex® Microlight inner fabric
- Pertex® Endurance inner fabric in hood and foot
- 800FP European Goose Down
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Polygiene® STAY FRESH odour control technology / Close fitting neck baffle design
- Longitudinal chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology to control down
- Face baffle for improved hood fit
- Mummy shape
- Longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Max user height: 195cm
- 76.8 inches
- Shoulder width: 75cm
- 29.5 inches
- Hip width: 57cm
- 22.5 inches
- Foot width: 41cm
- 16 inches
Store uncompressed out of direct sunlight in a dry, cool place. If your down product gets damp, air thoroughly and make sure it is completely dry before storing. If the product is still damp after airing a short program in a tumble dryer on a cool setting should restore the loft.
Rab down products can be home cleaned, however this is a difficult and time consuming job as the drying process can take several hours. Please give it careful consideration before starting; box wall garments and sleeping bags may require you to redistribute the down after washing. Allow at least 3-4 hours for a jacket and 6-8 hours for a sleeping bag.
1) Hand or machine wash on a gentle 40º cycle with Granger's Down Wash, NOT DETERGENT.
2) Rinse to make sure there is no soap residue present within the product. If you are cleaning a box walled product, when removing it from the washing machine ensure that the weight of the item is supported by ‘cradling’ it in a bath towel or similar. Failure to do so may result in damage to the down compartments.
3) Immediate tumble drying should commence in a commercial dryer on a cool setting. Remove the item from the dryer every half hour, manipulating the down within the baffles to restore loft. Avoid the temptation to remove the item from the dryer too soon. Although the outer fabrics may feel dry and warm to the touch, down contained within the baffling can still be clumped because of moisture.
4) When finished it is advisable to store uncompressed in a dry, cool place. Airing should continue for two days before use. Failure to allow enough time for the item to dry will result in a flat looking garment that will need to be re-washed and dried again.
Leave your review
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
There is currently no Expert Advice for this product.
For further product advice, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell a Friend
- Ask a Question