The first book in a two-volume series describing walking routes up every 2000-footer in Wales – all 166 of them. The result is not just a guide to the mountains of Snowdonia, but a handbook of over 450 routes covering 21 Welsh mountain ranges – the whale-backed ridges of the Black Mountains, the Brecon Beacons’ precipitous escarpments, the Cwmdeuddwr uplands, Plynlimon’s unknown valleys, the heather clad Berwyns, Cader Idris, the vast solitudes of the Arans and Arenigs, the Rhinogs and the wildest land in Wales. For those longer days the author also suggests over 100 high level traverses.
The routes are arranged alphabetically over the two volumes:
Vol 1: Arans, Arenigs, Berwyns, Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons, Cader Idris, Carneddau, Cwmdeuddwr hills, Dovey hills
Vol 2: Ffestiniog hills, Fforest Fawr, Glyders, Hirnants, Mynydd Du, Nantlle/Hebog hills, Plynlimon, Radnor Forest, Rhinogs, Siabod/Moelwyns, Snowdon, Tarrens
•Seasons - All year round, but in winter, higher walks suitable only for those with appropriate skills and equipment.
•Centres - Bala, Betws-y-Coed, Brecon, Capel Curig, Crickhowell, Dolgellau, Llangynog, Rhaeadr
•Difficulty - Higher-level ridge walks (over 2000ft) and easier lower-level walks. Mainly walking, a little scrambling, but no climbing.
•Must See - Cwm Croes horseshoe (HS); Arenig Fawr/Moel Llyfnant circular; Pistyll Rhaeadr circular; Grwyne Fechan HS; Neuadd HS Minffordd trail; Carnedd N–S traverse
- 11 Jun 2010
- 17.2 x 11.6 x 1.7cm
- 1st Published
- 11 Oct 2006
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!