Guidebook to 33 day walks in the Algarve, Portugal's southernmost region. The selected routes offer both coastal and inland options, including the Serra de Monchique and Costa Vicentina, the south and west coasts, the central region and East Algarve. The Algarve benefits from a mild climate, fine scenery and easy transport access.
This guidebook describes 33 walks in the beautiful Algarve in southern Portugal. Boasting good weather, easy access, stunning scenery, and some great hiking trails, the region is a perfect destination for a walking holiday. It is best known for its spectacular coastline: the coastal trails presented here afford ample opportunity to admire the plunging sinkholes, striking sea cliffs, and rock-hugged beaches. However, the interior is every bit as beautiful and other walks explore the forested slopes of Monchique and the tranquil countryside between the mountains and coast.
The routes range from 3.5 to 17km and cover the sun-kissed south coast, the rugged Vicentina Coast, the Monchique mountains, and traditional villages of the eastern Algarve. Many can be accessed by public transport and details, along with tips on refreshment opportunities on the route, are provided in the text. The route description is accompanied by clear mapping and notes on local points of interest.
Showcasing the region's varied landscapes, highlights include Cabo de São Vicente, Europe's most southwesterly point; the Algarve's highest peak, Fóia (902m); historical sites; dramatic cliffs, arches, and sea-stacks; and idyllic beaches. With information on the Algarve's history, plants, and wildlife and advice on travel and potential bases, the guide is an ideal companion to exploring this captivating region.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!