This guidebook has route descriptions for 100-day walks to suit alpine walkers of all abilities, with suggestions for some hut-to-hut tours. These routes take you through breathtaking scenery in the Maritime Alps, Julian Alps, Gran Paradiso, the Turnitzer Alps, Bernese Oberland, the Kitzbuheler Alps, and the Dolomites of South Tirol.
This popular guidebook by expert Kev Reynolds describes 100-day walks focusing on the mountain huts of the Alps. With walks in France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, and Slovenia, there are routes to suit every taste - from gentle and undemanding to long and tough, as well as all varieties of difficulty in between.
What they have in common is a visit to a hut, each with its own character. Some walks are perfect for lunch at a hut before a return to the valley base, others involve an overnight stay at a hut. In a few cases, a short hut-to-hut tour is suggested.
The routes are grouped by country and by specific Alpine districts. Most of the routes avoid any climbing of a technical nature, beyond the odd scramble aided by a fixed rope. Notes on hut etiquette, what to take, and an English-French-German-Italian glossary are also included to help trekkers get the most out of their time in the Alps.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!