Guidebook describing five mountain and coastal treks on the Mediterranean island of Corsica: the 2-day Sentier du Douanier (Custom Officer's Path), the 10-day Mare e Monti, the 11-day coast-to-coast Mare a Mare Nord, the 5-day Mare a Mare Sud and the 5-day Mare e Monti Sud. With information on facilities and local plants and wildlife.
With spectacular mountain landscapes, beautiful rugged coast, forests, maquis, and striking river gorges, Corsica is a walker's paradise. This guidebook details five of the islands' most popular shorter treks: the 2-day coastal Sentier du Douanier (Customs Officer's Path) around Cap Corse; two coast-to-coast routes through the central mountains, the 11-day Mare a Mare Nord, and the 5-day Mare a Mare Sud; and two 'coast and mountains' routes, the 10-day Mare e Monti and the 5-day Mare e Monti Sud. (Corsica's famous 190km GR20 trail is described in a separate Cicerone guide.) The routes can be linked to create longer excursions and accommodation is provided by a mixture of walkers' hostels, B&Bs, and hotels; camping is also an option.
The guide presents each of the waymarked trails in daily stages averaging around 12-13km per day, with route description, mapping, and notes on accommodation options. There is advice on how to get to Corsica, when to go and what to take, plus accommodation listings, useful contacts, and a French/Corsican-English glossary. The guide also offers a wealth of information about the island's rich plants and wildlife.
Considerably easier than the challenging GR20, these trails offer a more accessible option for trekkers wishing to experience the 'real' Corsica, away from the bustling coastal resorts. You'll find enchanting scenery - towering forests, gushing cascades, turquoise coves, aromatic maquis, rugged mountains, and quiet villages nestling on hillsides of chestnut woods - not to mention a favorable climate and delicious local cuisine. Don't be surprised if you fall under the island's spell!
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!