Guidebook to 40 of Snowdonia's best day walks, with routes up Snowdon and Tryfan, including the Snowdon Horseshoe, Cadair Idris, Y Garn, and The Rhinogs. The routes range from Grade 1 scrambles like Crib Goch or Bristly Ridge to riverside and forest walks. Includes details of a 2-day traverse of all 15 of Snowdonia's 3000ft peaks.
This guidebook describes 40-day walks exploring Snowdonia. It showcases some of the best mountain walks in the area, with routes up Snowdon and Tryfan alongside other classic peaks like Y Garn, Cadair Idris, and the Glyders. Routes are graded easy to strenuous and include airy and pulse-quickening scrambles such as Crib Goch and Bristly Ridge as well as the Snowdon Horseshoe, the Nantlle Ridge, and a 2-day traverse of all 15 of Snowdon's peaks over 3000ft.
Walks range in distance from 4 miles (6km) to 16 miles (26km). Clear route descriptions are accompanied by OS mapping, and for each walk, there is key information about distance, grade, ascent, terrain, access, and parking. With useful advice on where to stay and when to go and an English-Welsh glossary, this book is an invaluable guide to discovering both the popular and less well-trodden corners of Snowdonia.
Snowdonia can justifiably lay claim to some of the finest mountain walking in Britain, from the bristling, jagged ridges of Snowdon to the huge grassy mounds of the Carneddau and the stone-girt fortresses of the Glyderau. These are big mountains with big personalities, with glowering crags and deep rocky cwms. Whether you are based in Bala, Beddgelert, Llanberis, Betws-y-Coed, Dolgellau, or Capel Curig, you'll find walks in this guidebook to suit you.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!