Guidebook to the Andalucian section of the GR7 long-distance hiking trail in Spain, from Tarifa to Puebla de Don Fadrique. Includes a northern route via Cordoba Province and a southern route via Granada Province. The whole 1225km trail takes 34-42 days to complete but can be split into shorter sections.
The GR7 is one of Europe's longest GR long-distance routes, stretching from Tarifa, the southernmost town of continental Europe, through Spain, Andorra, and France to Alsace. This guide presents the Andalucian section of the route, which offers well over 700km of fantastic walking through the diverse landscapes of one of Spain's most evocative regions. The route splits at the small village of Villanueva de Cauche, and the guide describes both the northern and southern variants. Although walking is on good footpaths, country tracks, and, occasionally, minor roads, some of the stages are long and can involve considerable ascent, meaning that a good level of fitness is required. The full Andalucian GR7 takes well over a month to walk; however, the guide also includes suggestions for highlight sections that can be walked in a week or fortnight.
In addition to clear route description, mapping, and elevation profiles, the guide provides background information on local history, plants, and wildlife, and advice for planning your trip, such as when to go, what to take, and where to stay.
The route showcases Andalucia's rich history and culture and varied landscapes, which include pine forests, semi-arid desert, snow-capped peaks, fertile plains, lush valleys, olive groves, and cultivated terraces, and hills of cork woodland. Historic towns and traditional whitewashed villages offer overnight accommodation and a chance to sample the local cuisine.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!