Guidebook detailing the 850km cycle route from St-Jean-Pied-de-Port in southern France to Santiago de Compostela, following the original pilgrim route, with optional road variants. Suitable for most abilities and bikes, the route is presented in 19 stages averaging 45km each, with notes on the religious significance and local sites of interest.
The Camino de Santiago de Compostela (Camino Francés or Way of St James) is among the world's most famous pilgrimages: Christian pilgrims have traveled to the shrine of St James in Santiago, northern Spain, since the ninth century. This guide provides all the information you need to successfully cycle the Camino.
The Camino Francés is the most popular variant of the Camino, linking St Jean-Pied-de-Port on the French-Spanish border with Santiago via Pamplona, Burgos and León. The guide presents the journey in 18 stages. Two versions of the route are described, the first (770km) based closely on the walkers' route and suitable for hybrid or mountain bikes; the second (798km) a 'road route' for road and touring cycles. It can be cycled in around 10-14 days and is very well provisioned.
Clear route description and mapping are accompanied by notes on local points of interest, as well as background information on Spanish history and the history of the Camino. The practicalities are also thoroughly covered, including travel to and from the route, accommodation, facilities, kit, and how to qualify for and obtain your Compostela (pilgrims' certificate).
Whether you're seeking a spiritual journey, a physical challenge, or just a holiday, the Camino promises an unforgettable experience - from the beautiful landscapes, historic towns, and rich culture of northern Spain to the famed camaraderie with other wayfarers. Blending information with inspiration, this guide is an ideal companion to cycling this UNESCO-listed route.
Enjoy Free Delivery on Orders Over €75!
- For orders under €75, a nominal fee of €5.95 applies.
- Orders placed before 12:00pm are dispatched the same business day.
- We use An Post next-day delivery, but allow up to 3 business days as couriers can be subject to delays out of our control.
Hassle-Free Returns Within 28 Days
- Items must be in sellable, new condition for return eligibility - see our full T&Cs for returns here.
- Easily arrange returns with An Post click & post through our returns page.
- Returns are processed promptly upon arrival at our store. Click here to start a return
Same-Day Delivery in Dublin
- Need your item in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Dublin with GRAB.
- Want your order quickly? We offer click and collect in-store!